GBSSA CHAMPIONSHIP SWIM MEET
TUESDAY DECEMBER 19, 2017
LOCATION: East Bayfield Community Centre
80 Livingstone St. E., Barrie, ON L4M 6X9
DIRECTIONS: Turn North on Livingstone St. off of Bayfield St. Facility is on the left (turn left onto Stanley St. to get to parking lot)
DATE: Tuesday Dec. 19, 2017
TIME: 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Officials and Coaches Meeting
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Warm-up
30 min. lunch break following Event 28 HS 200 M.R.
* Morning relay cards must be submitted by 8:15 am.
* Afternoon relay cards must be submitted before the lunch break)
COST: $20.00 per swimmer cheques payable to Collingwood Collegiate Institute
- Must be submitted using Hy-Tek Team Manager Lite format entry files available at the following website http://www.hy-tekltd.com/downloads.html – click Lite to download the latest version.
- I will send you an event file to import into Team Manager Lite – do not attempt to do entries until you have the event file.
- Entries in Hy-Tek format must be submitted to Todd Funston at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Please comply with this deadline as we need to sort out times and races with the actual numbers before the meet.
- All entries must be accompanied by a time (even if an estimate only). This is inserted in the Team Manager meets/entries/byname then click on the custom time line and enter numbers only.
- GBSSA ELIGIBILITY LIST must be submitted by the start of the meet on Dec. 09 (go to OFSAA website for these forms with your school login)
**** BE SURE TO ENTER SEPARATE TEAMS FOR JUNIOR, SENIOR AND OPEN ****
- All competitive (club) swimmers must include their SNC number with their entries – please gather this info now to make it easier.
- Swimmers may enter a maximum of 2 events and 2 relays
- There is a maximum per school of 2 relay teams per relay event
- Scoring will be to 16th place. Ribbons awarded to the top 8 individuals and top 3 relays.
- Scoring for high school individual events: 18, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- All positions points for relays are doubled ( eg. 1st = 36, 2nd = 32 etc.)
- GBSSA Overall Champions
- GBSSA Jr Boys Champion High School Division
- GBSSA Jr Girls Champion High School Division
- GBSSA Sr Boys Champion High School Division
- GBSSA Sr Girls Champion High School Division
- GBSSA Boys Champion Open Division
- GBSSA Girls Champion Open Division
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
OFSSA Co-educational Swimming Championship Rules and Regulations apply. See and READ from
- Open Division
- A swimmer who has competed for and/or trained with and/or been registered with a SNC club or equivalent as of November 1st of the year prior to the current school year shall be eligible to compete in the Open Division only provided that he/she is a bona fide member of the school team.
- A swimmer who, during the current school year, has competed for and/or trained with and/or been registered with a non-SNC competitive swim club* shall be eligible to compete in the Open Division only, provided that he/she is a bona fide member of the school team.
- If a grade 9 swimmer has ceased to compete for and/or practise with and/or is no longer registered with a club after November 1st of the current school year, he/she shall be eligible to swim in the high school division.
- *A “non-SNC competitive swim club” is defined as a club which practices outside the school curricular and/or extracurricular programs and whose athletes compete in scheduled swim meets for the club during the school swim season.
- Swimmers With A Disability (Para Swimming)
- All swimmers with a disability must have a classification provided by accredited classifiers, to compete in OFSAA. You can go through the OFSSA website at this url http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/swimming/coaches/para-swimming for information on classification.
- High School Division – Junior and Senior Events
- All other swimmers (i.e. not SWAD or Open swimmers as defined above) who meet the eligibility requirements as outlined in the GBSSA constitution, and who are bona fide members of the school team compete in this division.
- Junior – the individual’s birth certificate indicates that he/she has not reached his/her 15th birthday by January 1st prior to the start of the school year (2014) – birthdate 01/01/1999 or later
- Senior – the individual’s birth certificate indicates he/she has not reached his/her 19th birthday by January 1st prior to the start of the school year (2014) – birthdate 12/31/1998 – 01/01/1995
Please see the OFSAA Regulations to ensure that your team is eligible – a minimum of 6 members is required.
- Each team is required to bring a minimum of 4 officials (students or otherwise) to help with timing and running messages.
- Please canvas your parents for qualified officials.
- Your volunteers can go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/gbssa to input their positions. Or you can sign up students under your own email.
- As per usual, each team is asked to provide a platter of fruit/veggies or other fast nibbles for our volunteers. We will have lunch catered by Subway.
- See the Deportment section of the OFSAA Swimming Regulations September 2014
- All participants are expected to abide by the OFSAA “Rules of Behaviour by Participants”
- All coaches are expected to adhere to the OFSAA “Code of Ethics for Coaches”
- OFSAA Qualifying Times
- Events List
- High School Division:
Senior Events –
- 100 Metre Freestyle 100 Metre Backstroke
- 200 Metre Freestyle 100 Metre Breaststroke
- 100 Metre Individual Medley 200 Metre Freestyle Relay
- 50 Metre Freestyle 200 Metre Medley Relay
- 50 Metre Butterfly
Junior Events –
- 50 Metre Freestyle 100 Metre Freestyle
- 50 Metre Backstroke 100 Metre Individual Medley
- 50 Metre Breaststroke 200 Metre Freestyle Relay
- 50 Metre Butterfly 200 Metre Medley Relay
- Open Division:
200 Metre Individual Medley 200 Metre Freestyle
100 Metre Butterfly 100 Metre Breaststroke
100 Metre Backstroke 400 Freestyle Relay*
100 Metre Freestyle 100 Metre Individual Medley
50 Metre Freestyle
200 Metre Medley Relay*
- Division for Swimmers With A Disability (SWAD)
- 100 Metre Freestyle 50 Metre Freestyle
- 50 Metre Backstroke
|Open Division||SWAD Division||Event||High School Division|
|Girls||Boys||Girls||Boys||Jr. Girls||Jr. Boys||Sr. Girls||Sr. Boys|
|7||8||Open 200 Medley Relay|
|11||12||SWAD 50 Free|
|17||18||SWAD 100 Free|
|23||24||SWAD 50 Back|
|HS 200 Medley Relay||25||26||27||28|
|29||30||Open 400 Free Relay|
|HS 200 Free Relay||57||58||59||60|
2017 GBSSA Swimming Championship Results – December 19th